Skip to main content

Social Media Draining Our Energies

 

Social Media are interactive Web 2.0 Internet-based applications. User generated content(UGC) such as text, posts or comments, digital photos or videos and data generated through all online interactions, is the lifeblood of social media. UGC alternatively known as user-created content is any form of content such as images videos, text and audio that had been posted by users on online platforms such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and many more.  


Now with that being said I understand that every individual has some kind of right to post whatever content it is that they wish to post on their respective social platforms. Although social media comes with numerous responsibilities one of those many responsibilities, most people are either ignorant of or choose to ignore on a daily basis which results in social media becoming toxic. I'm referring to the undiscussed responsibility people have to contribute peacefulness on these social platforms (yes, I made it up but it should be a responsibility implemented by users on social platforms I'll explain why .)
I'll use whatsapp for instance because it's more intimate and a personal diary to most and is one of the platforms that I've realized is becoming more and more toxic,for me. What I mean by toxic is that the human organisms is very much like plants, it draws energies and so humans can pick up on the thoughts/feelings /intentions of others and own them as their own. Absorbing other people's energies happen through the tedious process of checking people's statuses. The most common topics or content shared on the green app are constantly about how toxic and cruel humans are, people's experiences of love, the need for aesthetics and to have the aesthetic lifestyle and to some of us it's repetitive content and it is such content people post everyday that makes the thought of going on whatsapp and being on the app draining. 

This has made me realize that most people don't know how to use social media in a healthier and peaceful way mostly for others. I think it's because majority of households where people of Colour reside mental health issues were not addressed or in conversations. It's then when people of Colour, we find ourselves exploring the freedom of speech by vocalizing our every positive and pessimistic thoughts anytime not considering how it'll affect the next person. The way in which we use social media triggers alot in some people which affects our health psychologically, mentally, emotionally and at times physically too. It's sad that the only option to avoid waking up to negative energies and constantly being in spaces that'll drain you is to mute people's statuses and cleanse our whatsapp contacts once in a while, which isn't a permanent solution. I want to say people need to be comfortable with posting their pessimistic negative effecting posts and be content with no one else viewing their posts can be a solution but hey freedom of speech right, user generated content. It's literally if you can't handle the heat get the hell out of the kitchen kind of scenario. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isnt General Consensus Killing The Experience??

S ince I've been writting the next natural question would be, is it something I enjoy doing or love doing? Don't know how this whole feelings work and how to identify which is which. Don't think it's as simple as if you're doing something and you're smiling while doing it that means you love it but if you're doing something and want to do it again that means you enjoy it. Those could be the potential definitions. But when you are constantly doing something it might not mean you enjoy doing it , you might be cognizant of the fact that you know how to do a certain thing. Anywho as I'm writting this I'm trying to also figure out why I still do it. So one of my first reasons for starting a blog was because I felt like there was a lot of topics that I thought needed to be discussed. Like I said before I was on Kovsie TV and they had a talk show with guests of broad knowledge. Then there was the reason that is still true which is because I think alot abou

Pro-Black Lifestyle

We are in a time where being pro-black is at its peak and the concept continues to grow and be emphasized daily among people of colour. Pro-black is a lifestyle that encourages the economic growth and development of black people as a whole, with a purpose of increasing the wealth and population of black people around the world. Promoting love for the black people, encouraging black youth is it's main purpose to keep uplifting black people. For the longest time black people have been excluded economically, because of the colour of their skin and lack of education. Black people were not equipped to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country because of the reasons mentioned above. Times have changed and now there is an increase in black people owning businesses. As black people are busy taking up space and gaining financial freedom, it seems that a few followers of the pro-black lifestyle are not well informed regarding businesses operations. It seems that they are ig

Trusting and Listening to Thyself.

  There's been this one recurring thought in my mind and it says that I should listen to myself more. There are so many voices I don't even know which one is my inner self's voice. This journey of trusting someone/something you don't know or can't see rather thatim embarking is will be full of surprises I cannot wait to experience. It feels as though I have my hands tied behind my back. I'm being thrown into a pool and the one rule is don't drown. The only way to not drown is to not try to swim but let go till your feet reach the ground and only then  push do you have to push yourself up to the surface. The level of surrendering that needs to be done is scarry because it's new. And honestly I've been swimming all my life, letting go and trying not to swim will be a challenge.  We've been exposed to alot of things that can be  seen and touched. That has turned us ignorant to things that aren't seen but can be heard. Believing and trusting th